Saturday, February 11, 2012

Little White Dress: Sweetheart ♥

As Valentines Day is literally just days away, I frantically searched through so many hearts and holiday patterns trying to find something that I thought I would enjoy making. I didn't quite succeed; however, I came across this gorgeous dress. No, it's not my original design sadly and I am quite jealous of the Sarah Cooper's writing skills and her Little White Dress.

I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn because I absolutely love the way it feels when the project is finished. I was going along with the pattern and everything and got the idea of doing the last row a different color to give it more "spunk" I guess, any who, I decided with the pocket being so close to the trim that it just look like pink threw up on my white dress. I searched through several heart patterns and found one that was so simple and sweet. This heart pattern was a perfect size! My original idea was to make a few and trail them around the bottom but again I felt as if it may have been too much pink bundled up. I am truly happy with my finished project.

Thank you for reading! Check out these patterns and post photos to show off your work! I would love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment